Mar 2, 2012

Town Hall two-step

In my hometown, the selectmen’s office sends out email to tell residents when a new meeting agenda is posted on the town website, instead of just sending the agenda in the email. I roll my eyes every time it arrives.

A new agenda has been posted to the Board of Selectmen Agendas web page.
Click here to view the latest information.

The planning and zoning boards email their new meeting agendas directly to email subscribers, in addition to posting on the website. No need to click or wait for the town’s website to load, just a page of information delivered directly to people who signed up for their email lists.

This is an amazing use of technology, somewhere between exasperating and comical. Selectmen manage to make something as simple as reading a paperless weekly agenda by email into a two-step process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love comments. I also moderate them because I don't love spam. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately.