Mar 9, 2012

Still waiting for paperback version

I do a lot of my ebook reading on an iPod touch, not on the iPad, in Amazon’s Kindle app. For nighttime reading in bed, or curled up on the couch, the iPad just isn’t a comfortable size.

The new iPad HD isn’t exactly a disappointment (at last, a halfway decent camera!), but it’s still not what I’m looking for. I want the paperback size, something between the iPod touch and the iPad. And I want it in a multi-purpose gadget, not a dedicated ereader.

If I had to replace my iPad 2 or iPod right now, the Kindle Fire would tempt me because of the size. The problem? The Kindle doesn’t have some of the other features I use, like the camera and microphone. The camera isn't a deal breaker, but the mic is.

Dear Apple, please, please pick up a paperback and hold it in your hand. It's comfy. It's easy to carry. It's a perfectly good size for viewing a book, a message, a game or a video. An iPod touch in paperback size -- now that would be magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love comments. I also moderate them because I don't love spam. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately.